By Chef Daniel Sak
- Fry the shrimp shells with one onion, 1/2 liter white wine, and 2 liters of water and reduce for two hours over low
heat. (It’s done when 1/2 liter has evaporated.) Sieve.
- Mince two onions and peppers, and heat in big frying pan with olive oil. Add spices: paprika, saffron, and chili powder.
Once the vegetables are caramelized, push them to sides of pan to sieze gambas and langoustines for about a minute,
then set them aside on a plate.
- Then fry the chopped squid. Push the squid to side of pan with vegetables.
- Add the rice and toast until golden. Add the peas and cover the rice with one liter of the stock, cover the pan and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add more stock if needed.
- When the rice is half-cooked, add clams and mussels, and cover the pan. When clams and mussels start to open, add
the shrimp and langoustines.
- 12 servings
- 1 hr 30
Ingredients:1 kilo each mussels, clams, squid
1 kilo rice
3 onions, 2 red peppers
8 cloves of garlic
2 cups of peas
3 tbs of Armagnac, cognac
Half cup olive oil
Salt, pepper, paprika, saffron, chili powder
For 2 litres of stock:
1/2 liter white wine, bouquet garni, 500 grams shrimp shells, one onion, salt/pepper